Complete eBook: How the EPA’s Emissions Regulations Crippled the Trucking Industry: How to turn soaring maintenance costs into profits.
In our five-part series, we explore: the issues emission control features have caused on heavy-duty diesel engines, why the issues have gone unsolved until now, and the simple and guaranteed way to resolve aftertreatment issues once and for all.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Why we wrote this eBook
- Understanding Emission Regulation and Compliance –
- A background on emission regulation
- How emission control features are tested
- Simulation vs real-world measurements
- Emission System Failure 101
- Why your emission-compliant trucks keep breaking down
- The real reason emission control systems do not work properly
- Electronic Control Module (ECM): So important, yet so over-looked
- Guess who selects the calibration options for your fleet’s diesel engines?
- 4 Problem Areas in Today’s Fleet Maintenance
- On-Board Diagnostics (OBD). Why it’s not preventing issues
- Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs): Myth Buster: They don’t fail
- What the manufacturer says about DPFs
- Why isn’t my dealership fixing the problem?
- Manufacturer Warranties: How they ruin your maintenance budget
- Dealer Finger Pointing: A no-win situation
- Properly Optimized Fleet: The Before and After:
- Diesel I.O. Intelligent Optimization
- Your In-House/Dealer Optimized Engine vs Diesel I.O.
- ROI: 55% reduction in maintenance, 10% reduction in fuel costs
- Meet the Diesel I.O. “A-listers”
- Beyond Engines: Innovative Technology for the Efficient Fleet
- Building the perfect mobile ecosystem for your fleet
- Mobile Hardware, Software, Carriers, and Networking
- Telematics and GPS
- Electronic Logging Device (ELD)